Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Cat Report

I. The Name

Mom loved the name "Trudy" but Dad wasn't too crazy about it so they are still calling her Little Cat Zee. Mom said that as long as she can have another Cat she doesn't care what she's called.

When I got my name the entire family wrote suggestions on the marker board. Mom said they wrote about 30 possible names for me. The rule was that if anyone didn't like one of the names, they crossed it off. After a week or so, the only name left was "Rascal." That's how I got my name. How do Cats usually get their names?

II. What the V-E-T Said

Mom took Catzee to the V-E-T for her check-up. The V-E-T told Mom about the Tortie purrsonality. He said that Tortie's are high energy, extremely curious, very playful Cats. Mom said that's exactly what she wanted because she figured I wouldn't be too thrilled about a new Cat and it would have to put up with Some Stuff for awhile. Ha. She was right about that.

The V-E-T was very glad that she had an older Cat around to keep her occupied and teach her the ropes. He said that I have every right to hiss and growl and bite and swat as much as I want because I was there first. He said the humans aren't allowed to interfere because this is Cat Business. So maybe this V-E-T isn't so bad after all.

I have to say that she doesn't require as much hissing now as she did the first couple of days. She seems to be catching on as to Who's Boss.

The V-E-T also said that in about 3 weeks or so we'd start to get along. Hmmph. I don't know about that. Here's our progress. Judge for yourselves.

Rascal, will you play wif Me?
Rascal, will you play wif me?

No.
No.

Then I'll go see what Mom is doin wif that Flashy Thingy.
Ok. Then I'll go see what Mom is doin wif that Flashy Thingy.


III. My Weight

When my ears were bothering me I was kind of grumpy and didn't eat much. Now that my ears feel good again I am back to my old self. I am sitting up for treats again. In fact I am demanding treats again. Mom said she isn't worried about my weight, she was just glad that the Lady V-E-T didn't have to fuss at me about it again. Me too.

11 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:40:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Oh my gosh, those are the bestest photos! I love the captioning, it follows the actions perfectly.

I'm still a fan of Catzee! Now we are like twins because our names are so similar! Tell her I said hello.

Torties (especially in the meezer world) are just like the V.E.T described. I think you're going to like her soon.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:12:00 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

sounds like the new one is learning just who is the boss! that's a good thing. Daddy named us - we has no idea why he gived us the names he did, 'cept they were characters from some old Humfrey Bogart moovie called the Mall-tease Falkon.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 4:28:00 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

I'm sure you and your sister will get along just fine.
I find that all my cat's names evolve over time. I give them a name I think is cool, but end up calling them something else. For instance Mrs. B's "real" name is Bobbi. And Bubbles's "real" name is Kathmandu! Those are the names on their "paperwork" at the vet, but not what I call them. Actually they both have 3 names, but that is a story for another day. I guess I took The Naming of Cats a little too seriousely. The truth is that I did not know about the poem, but it is kinda cool that my cats turn out to have 3 names.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 5:19:00 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

I hate to say this, but you'll hate to love her in the end, Rascal. Don't even tell Isis I told you, but I do care about her even if I don't say so all the time. She's just such a nuisance, but I'm beginning to think that's just what sisters do to you.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 5:28:00 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Gurreat pichers Rascal. We've got three names. Flynn is Irish furr flame haired,dad just liked the name Eric. Flynn's second name is Chumba Wumba and mine is Hunky Monkey. We've bofe got secrit names which no-one knows. Well there is one person who knows my secrit name. It's the mum of two poodins, but I'm not saying who. She can share our secrit.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 6:05:00 PM, Blogger caspersmom said...

Hey Rascal, I dig your box house. That's really neat. Wonder if my Mom will get me one of those.

I see you have a new sister. They aren't to bad once you get to know each other. I like playing with Cleo now and then. She wants to play all the time, but that gets a little old sometimes. Have fun with your new sister.

Casper

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:57:00 PM, Blogger Rascal said...

Actually she's tolerable sometimes. I almost played with her, but caught myself just in time.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

I like the name Katzee! I think it's very cute and fitting. And Rascal, how cute you two look together! Come on! You know she's kinda cute! Admit it!! ;) Oh, and Rascal....Glad you're feeling better! About the weight thing...Benji had to go to get his rabies updated and he weighed in at 14.4 lbs.!!!! He just turned one in June! The vet said he could stand to lose a pound or two, but that as long as he's active and doesn't keep gaining, he's just fine.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Pumpkin said...

Be careful Rascal, beause the intruder will harrass you and FORCE you to play with her. How can anyone nap with a youngster pouncing on you all the time? That's what Pumpkin does to Tiger and Bebe though he knows better than to try that with Blackie.

About the naming of cats - Blackie was supposed to be called "KC" because my sister found her outside her office when she worked at Kelly Clarke. When she came to live with us, we kept forgetting her name and simply called her the black cat which eventually evolved into "Blackie." Bebe was supposed to be called "Mikey" because he was found as a kitten on the day of the Michael Jackson concert. He lived with my sister and her boyfriend at the time and Frank kept calling him the bebe (baby) so that's what he's been called ever since. My dad is a big Tiger Woods fan and suggested the name for Tiger. Pumpkin got his name because he was found 2 days before Halloween and was an orange kitty.

Linda

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 3:11:00 AM, Blogger Kitty Cats Corner said...

Beware the intruder . . .

MOL!

Rascal, you prolly look too darn cute under that box like that for her to resist you!

Purrs - Your friends over @ The Kitty Cats Corner

 
At Monday, September 04, 2006 9:19:00 AM, Blogger Melli said...

ROFL! Our Kitty is an 11 year old male who is getting grumpy as all get-out in his old age! In the last 3 years we (after being an only kitty for 8 years) we have acquired 3 more... all kittens upon entering our home! Kitty accepted the first one okay... but he's lost his sense of humor with the arrival of the 3rd one! Now he just hisses at EVERYTHING!!! And yes... it's his perrogative to do so! Hope you guys get this all worked out! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home