Thursday, August 17, 2006

Don’t Use That “O” Word On Me!

I knew something was up because Mom was acting very suspiciously. She had been on the telephone, but suddenly left the room. In a few moments she came back, scooped me up, and stuffed me into the prisoner transport unit she calls “The Carrier.” Drat!

Then we had to take a drive in the car. I hate that. To let her know about it, I dug down to the bottom of my oriental roots and vocalized with the greatest despair. I was superbly pathetic and quite loud. Everyone who heard me from their passing cars was thoroughly convinced that I was dying in that car. I was hoping to make Mom realize how cruel she was bieng to me. I think I succeeded. She felt so bad she started to cry, though she may have been laughing, I couldn’t tell for sure.

Then we got there. I could tell from the smell. We were at the V-E-T. I heard something about “yearly check-up” and “shots” before I was whisked off to a small room with a cold stainless steel examining table. Mom set the PTU on the floor after the door was closed. She opened the front so that I could come out if I wanted. I cautiously took half a step out, looked around, sniffed the air and then hissed. I quickly withdrew to the only security available to me, that dreaded carrier.

I must say that the V-E-T was very gentle and the shots didn’t hurt a bit. But what did hurt was after she weighed me and declared me “overweight.” What!!?!?! She patted my poochy (hey! that’s off limits!) and showed Mom a chart which was obviously formulated by some quack. It said that my 16 pounds 2 and ½ ounces put me into the overweight category. She said that I should really weigh 14 and a half pounds. According to whom, I ask you? It's not my fault that I can't go outside anymore and get more exercise.

Tell me, do I look overweight to you?

Rascal, sleeping in such a position that he only looks fat.

















Er, wait a minute, wrong pic. That's my bad side. Forget you saw that one.

I say, tell me, does this sleek, active, athletic looking Me appear overweight to you?

Rascal, not looking the least bit overweight.











Everyone is fully aware of Mrs. B’s ordeal and I have no intention of undergoing the same torture. Who comes up with this "overweight" business anyway?

Labels:

21 Comments:

At Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:38:00 PM, Blogger caspersmom said...

Oh poor Rascal. Shots and the F word. Must have been a bad day for you. You don't look fat in the picture where you are exercizing. Just keep showing that side.

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:46:00 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

you do not look overweight at all. the v-e-t should not be allowed to grab the pooch at any time. it's off limits.

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:15:00 PM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Shots and O stuff. Icky! We's glad you survived it all!!!

~~ Sanjee and the gang

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:15:00 PM, Blogger Carolina Cats said...

Pore Rascal! Evil vetty beans and there stoopid charts. What do they kno abowt how cats shood look and way? Eat wat you want and keep yore strength up!

Finny & Buddy

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 4:19:00 AM, Blogger Rascal said...

Mom measured my tummy at 21" too. BUT.....I'm big boned. I'm no small cat. Besides, I have a poochy no matter how much I weigh!

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 6:58:00 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

I was told I was overweight as well, but then the words technically speaking were added on after it. So I feel as long as I am not technically speaking, then I am clearly just right in terms of my weight management.

Perhaps you should try the same thing, Rascal!

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 9:03:00 AM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

Now Rascal....You want to be healthy don't cha?! But honestly you don't look too fluffy to me!

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Katnippia said...

Well, mommy measured my tummy and got 21.5and the last time i was weighted i was at 12.2lbs. Yet my V.E.T said that I didn't need to lose any weith because I am a big kitty. - Snowy

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 9:28:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

Chase has a great big pouch but the V.E.T didn't use the "O" word with him. I think you should just tell everyone you are big boned, it seems to work.

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Efurryone knows the camera add 10 lbs. so you really weight 6 lbs and that is UNDER weight!!

Now I suppose Momma will bring out the tape measure!!!

Patchaes

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 12:16:00 PM, Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

OH Rascal you are purrfect just as you are. Dont let them fool you into putting you into a certain category.

*ABBY

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 1:02:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. Sniffles said...

I think you look lovely!

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 3:36:00 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Rascal, you are a beautiful fuffy kitty. Mrs. B says she hope your Mommy doesn't find out about the dreaded D-I-E-T. But then, she is sure you have a lovely Mommy that loves you very much, not an EVIL Mommy like she has. Her Mommy starves her, and if things don't change soon, she is moving in with Grr, Midnight and Cocoa.

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 3:58:00 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

NO ONE will be MEASURIN Bonnie's tummy. Not if they wanna keep their fingers!

I'm just right (Mom says) but the vet said Bonnie "fills her fur". She's got just enough... excess... that you can't pinch her scruff. I woulnd't wanna try anywho. She bites.

You look furry happy in both pictors, so what's the vet know?

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 5:58:00 PM, Blogger a fluffy feline friend said...

Blogger must be playing up at the moment because the pictures aren't displaying! I'm sure you look very handsome in all of them though. I will visit your site again later and hopefully blogger will have sorted itself out and will show me the pictures!!

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 6:58:00 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Well we fink you look purrfect. What does the V E T know. Trouble tomorrow though . Our mumbean has said she is getting out the tape measure fingy.Oh an we furrgot to say, we likes your baby kitty pichers.

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 2:50:00 AM, Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Hi Rascal,
This is our first visit to your bloggie. We would go with the "camera adds 10 pounds" plus a bit of the "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy", maybe "big boned". You are a very beautiful cat and you look happy.
KC & Missy

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 4:41:00 AM, Blogger a fluffy feline friend said...

Hi Rascal. I can see your bloggie pictures now. You are definitely very handsome! Just because you're not a skinny meezer doesn't mean you're 'overweight'! Those meezers just have faster metabolisms than us BKs (Black Kitties). It's not our fault. It's just biology! =^..^=

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 8:28:00 AM, Blogger momsbusy said...

rascal you are handsome just the way you are. i think you look very fit in your fur. AND you are getting exercise. so you might just be very muscular like those weight lifters and fitness people - lots of muscle and little fat. it's a shame your v-e-t didn't recognize how healthy you really are.

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 8:37:00 AM, Blogger momsbusy said...

we finks u is very han-some. tanks for visitin ars bloggie. ars mommie sumtimes forgets to leaves the puter on an we cants visits anyone. we is gonna buys her some mem-or-ee medicines.

yuki has a big pooch that almosts drags the ground, it flops when she runs. i laffs at her. *kimiko*

dats not true! anyways, u has a pooch too. it may nots be as bigs as mine but yurs has FAT in it. nyah nyah nyah! *yuki*

oh oh, i hears mommy, we betters behave. we gots to go. iffin mommy sees wes been fussin agins she mite not gives us any treats today. shhhh, pease don tell.

yuki & i

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 8:39:00 AM, Blogger momsbusy said...

what happens to my name??
its s'pose to say yuki & kimiko

kimiko

 

Post a Comment

<< Home