Sunday, August 13, 2006

My Story - Part 7

When Dad first saw Me, he was very surprised.

“But ……. he’s a black Cat!”

“Not all Cats are tiger striped like Junior,” Mom laughed.

First they showed Me my new litter box and then they showed Me my food dish and my water bowl. The food dish was full of crunchy baby kibbles so I ate some. Then I had a drink. Then I set out to explore.

Mom and Dad were watching Me, very curious to see what I would do. Dad got out some string and wiggled it across the floor. I pounced! He pulled it. I chased! It was fun! I liked it here! We played pounce and chase for the longest time.

I was so busy having fun that I ignored something. I ignored and ignored it until I had a problem. And by then it was a very urgent problem, but……..I couldn’t remember where my new litter box was!

I started running. I had to find it! I ran around in circles, frantic circles, trying to remember where it was. As I ran and ran I hollered “Gotta go! Gotta go! Gotta go!!!” the loudest I could. But the humans didn't help Me. They just stood there staring at Me with very puzzled faces.

Finally I couldn’t stand it anymore. I dashed under the little table next to the sofa and with great relief, I pooped.

The humans gasped in shock. Silence. Mom thought “Uh oh. This isn't going to go over very well.”

Dad stared at Me. Mom was concerned because he was still getting used to Cats and might not take kindly to having his carpet pooped on. The longer he stared, the more concerned Mom got. He just stood there, looking at Me and my little pile. All of a sudden he started to laugh.

“He couldn’t remember where his litter box was!” he said. Mom laughed too, in relief. I just sat there and looked up at them. My new humans understood. That made Me very happy and I liked them very much.

So Dad showed Me my litter box again and Mom cleaned up my mess. And that was my first day in my new home.

Baby Rascal, sound asleep on a pillow.















Continue to part 8 of Rascal's Story.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At Monday, August 14, 2006 7:53:00 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

that was a most wonderful story! yay!

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Carolina Cats said...

What good beans you've got Rascal! You are furry lucky and so are they to have found each other.

Finny & Buddy

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 1:07:00 PM, Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Rascal you were so cute as a small kitty...and a furry handsome cat now!

*ABBY

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 2:48:00 PM, Blogger i-like-to-laugh said...

Great story, Rascal! You were adorable as a kitten. Thanks for coming to visit our site. We like your eyes - very gorgeous! We read your "5 things" post - maybe you can convince your humans to invest in a cat drinking fountain? Hm, they may be expensive. Maybe for a special occasion. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Leo & Bambi

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 4:28:00 PM, Blogger LZ said...

I just caught up on all of your story since the Lap lady was away. Sounds like you could charm anyone!

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 8:30:00 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

That was furry good that the beans understoon your problem, even if they didn't understand your meows.

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 8:39:00 PM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Oh you's furry lucky your beans understood bout not knowin where the box was since you was so lil and only been shoed once! Your beans are furry nice.
~~ Sanjee

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 8:44:00 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Mom had to show me how to scratch in the litter. I would jump in the box then jump out and try to go next to it. She only had to lift me back in twice and take my tiny paw and make scratching motions in the sand when all of a sudden it clicked. Hey, I was only 6 weeks old! Your story is cute! -Scout

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:11:00 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

How embarassing was that when they took a picture of you on a pink pillow? Poor Rascal...

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:10:00 AM, Blogger Ayla said...

You were a little cutie as a kitten Rascal. It's a good thing your Dad was understanding or else you would've had to kick him out of the house.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 9:22:00 AM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

Rascal, you're such a little rascal! Lol! At least they understood! So glad you found your humans! You have a great furrever home and if they hadn't, we wouldn't be commenting right now! Your's is one of my fave sites! I love your pillow picture, even if it is pink (Zeus!...lol)! That little paw pad is the cutest!

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:07:00 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Rascal. I'm so glad your story has such a happy ending. Cause for a while there I had leaky eyes. And look at you pretty baby picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home