Sunday, August 06, 2006

My Story - Part 4

As Junior, the timid feral Cat changed, Dad, the confirmed Cat hater changed too. As Junior discovered that he liked having a human family, Dad discovered that he liked Cats. I've showed you Dad’s poem to me, but his first Cat poem was to Junior:

Ode to Junior pyrographed by Daniel Tate.

















Where does Junior go at night?
I see him all the day.
But when the moon is high and bright,
His head where does it lay?

Is there some secret hiding place,
That no one knows but he?
A field or open prairie space,
Or perhaps a forest tree.

Where does Junior go at night?
I sure would like to know.
My curiosity is ripe,
But how could I follow?

His size, his frame is oh so small,
He’s not an ape you see.
A kitten, tiger striped, that’s all,
Without a pedigree.

Where does Junior go at night?
The future it might say.
For now I’ll settle at the sight,
Of Junior in the day.

---------------------------

If things had continued the way they were, this would be probably Junior’s blog instead of mine. But something happened that changed everything. I’ll tell you about it next time…………………

Continue to part 5 of Rascal's Story.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Monday, August 07, 2006 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

::sigh:: LOVED the poem! Ok, I'm scared to see what the next chapter will bring! I just know something happens to Junior!! :( Guess I'll have to wait and see though!

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 4:38:00 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We reely likes this story bout Junior, but we're worried bout the next part too. Your dad's effurn so clever with his pome to Junior an we looked at the one he did for you too, an that was reely good too. We wish our mum could do us a pome, but she's not clever nuff

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 7:13:00 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

ARGGG, another 'to be continued'. I can't wait for the next part!!! Are you going to give mum leaky eyes?

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Yes, I'm worried also. I just know it's going to be sad. )-:

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Carolina Cats said...

Ohhh, what a good story. We are worryd too, though. But we do unnerstand that some cats have to go on ahead for us to be able to live wif our beans and Junior did a good job of getting the beans reddy for you, Rascal.

Waiting...

Finny & Buddy

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

Okay Rascal....::ahem:: waiting for the next chapter!! :)

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 4:45:00 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

what a great poem!!

Patches

 

Post a Comment

<< Home