Monday, August 28, 2006

Her Name

Rascal and The Intruder
I don't know if The Intruder has a name yet or not. The shelter called her "Spunky" but Mom and Dad say that isn't her name.

But they are calling her something.

It started like this. Dad was teasing me about my weight. He said,

"Well Rascal. If you're overweight then you must be Little Cat X and Little Cat Y all rolled up into one."

Ha. Ha. Very funny, Dad. That's not what Dr. Seuss was talking about.

So he started calling The Intruder "Little Cat Zee."

Then Mom started calling her Catzee (as in, rhymes with Patsy).

All very pathetic, but no one has come up with anything else.

Speaking of my weight, I've got news for Dad. I went back to the V-E-T today because I needed to have my ears re-checked. They had been bothering me and Mom had gotten some ear drops when we went for my shots and check-up the other day. I did not like the ear drops at all and I did not like a second visit to the V-E-T.

While we were there I was forced onto the scale again to check my progress (whatever that is). The scale said I now weigh 15 pounds 12 and 1/2 ounces! That's a weight loss of 6 ounces without any effort on my part, (though Mom has been rationing my treats and I do have to chase the Intruder occasionally.) The V-E-T was amazed. Hmmph. We all know I'm not overweight anyway, right? Majority rules. Mom said she was amazed too, since I keep helping myself to The Intruder's food. But The Intruder helps herself to my food too, so we're even on that score.

Now, if I can only get her to let me take a nap in peace.

13 Comments:

At Monday, August 28, 2006 4:42:00 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Well, she's a cute intruder! Kittens have 2 speeds: 100mph & sleep. Your mom did a good thing vringing her home and soon she won't be "the intruder" but "my sister". And you got the humans good with the weight loss trick! No more cat x & y rolled into one! HA!

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 5:35:00 PM, Blogger Rascal said...

I like that name, I'll have to tell Mom and Dad. She doesn't answer to anything yet.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 6:00:00 PM, Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

I love the "Trudy" for intruder, that is too cute.

You will have to come and see our little KC (named for her rescuer, Karen C., Grr, Midnight & Cocoa's mom)
at Missy & KC's Blog.

KC just turned 8 weeks old yesterday, but they really look a lot alike.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 6:13:00 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Wow, you allready lost 6 ounces. Without even trying! You need to tell Mrs. B how you did it.
Yea, Rascal I don't think you should call her the intruder. She is your sister. And your home is now her home also. Oops. Did I say too much?

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 6:54:00 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Why do our beans tease us about our weight? Do we tease them about thiers?! Beans are obsessed with body image! Anyhoo - hope your ears get better!

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 7:38:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. Sniffles said...

Congratulations on your effortless weight loss! I still think you are lovely just as you are. Keep us posted on a name for the Intruder! Maybe you should do a survey to help pick a name.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 9:22:00 PM, Blogger Pumpkin said...

Yeah, good job wit the weight loss tho' I thought yu looked good just the way yu wuz. Now yu got a sisfur to play wit but since yu wuz there furst, yu iz still the boss cat.

Pumpkin

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

Trudy is cute. What an adorable picture too! I love it! You peeking around the corner, Rascal!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 6:27:00 AM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Concatyoolayshuns on the weight loss, not that you needed to lose any of course. Mum said that maybe if we got an introoder, I may lose sum weight. I DON'T FINK SO!!! We fink Trudy is a cyoot name too.

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:01:00 AM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Aw man, sorry you had to go to the V-E-T. Yuk. Concatulations on the weight loss. Maybe the little intruder is useful for that at least. It was nice of your Mom to save her from the shelter, efun if she's a nuisance. Sisfurs aren't so bad once you get used to them. If you wanna nap in peace, telerport ofur here any time.
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrs,
Boni

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

She's at least a fairly good-looking intruder! I hate saying so, but I just call it like I see it.

Good work on the weight loss! I hope you keep it up!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:41:00 PM, Blogger LZ said...

Well I obviously like Catzee because my name is Kaze and they are very similar. Whatever they name her be sure to give her a chance to be your friend, being a new little sister can be hard.

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:16:00 PM, Blogger i-like-to-laugh said...

Hey Rascal! We like Trudy, too. That is very cute and a great name! Congrats on losing some weight. Of course, we think you're very handsome and don't NEED to lost any weight, but usually Moms know best. Good luck with the 'truder and sorry you had to go to the V-E-T twice, blech. -Leo & Bambi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home