Monday, July 24, 2006

Kitty Treat Games

Sitting up for treats obviously amuses the humans. And if they feed Me more treats because of it, more power to Me.

But the funnest thing to do with treats is to play chase. The rules are:
1. The humans toss the treats
2. The Cat chases the treats
3. The Cat eats the treats once they’re caught

Here’s Me, at the ready:
Rascal the Cat, ready to chase kitty treats.









I start off chasing the treats real fast. So fast the camera can’t catch me.

Rascal the Cat, a furry blur of speed.








Then I start to pace myself for the distance:
Rascal the Cat, still quick on his paws.











Please note the graceful tail bobbing action.















After a little while things slow down. The humans say I’m pooping out, but I say I’m conserving energy.
I'm slowing down so the camera can get a nice shot of me.











Now that I've gotten plenty there's no need being in a hurry anymore.













Finally the humans get bored and quit. Their excuse is that they need to ration my treats so that I don't get fat.

But I say that I should get more treats because I get good excercise running after them.

The truth is that humans have short attention spans. But, by that time I’m full anyway.


Note to DaisyMae Maus: Dear Daisy, I am also reading your blog. Cocoa Puff looks like he could be my brother. I know the word "snack" too. Love, Rascal

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At Monday, July 24, 2006 4:30:00 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

you should gets extra treatsies 'acause you run and run and run

 
At Monday, July 24, 2006 6:26:00 PM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

The beans alaways have some excuse for not givin us extra treatsies. Silly beans!

~~ Mini

 
At Monday, July 24, 2006 9:36:00 PM, Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

That's how our Aunt Tippy likes to eat her food! Our grandma (and mom when she used to live there) flicks each piece of food across the kitchen floor and Tippy chases it and then eats it, (but she'll only eat it if it's a "good" flick). She's 16 now, so she gets tired sooner, but Mom says it used to take a long time to feed her! She tried it with us, but we never ate the food, just chased it, but we'd definitely eat treats that way!

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

Rascal - Emma & Benji also love to kick and chase their treats across the kitchen floor! I love the "blur of a kitty" pictures!!

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's a lot of work for treats, but you look really cool running for them. We'd hate to do that in our house - it'd be covered in dust by the time we found it. Sometimes Charlie has to jump on top of the fridge or the cupboard to get a treat. But she initiated that ritual so it's her own fault.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 3:52:00 PM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

Wow, you are super fast. You're just a blur!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home