Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Walk With Rascal

Thank you to everyone who is praying and purring for me. I have to take a nasty pill twice a day. But that means that I get all the raw chicken, baby food, and Friskies Party Mix treats I want. Plus some mashed cooked chicken liver which is tasty. Mom thinks I've put on a few ounces and I certainly have energy for chasing birds and chipmunks.

Last week, I went with Mom when she took a walk in our woods. She does this "Colors of the Month" photography thing, so when she went for a walk for her Colors of March, I went with her.

We headed out the back field.....

... and into the woods.

I like to come back here to hunt sometimes.

And just to look around.

A quick lick is always in order,
no matter the occasion.

Are you coming, Mom?

I wonder if this tree needs Me to climb it?

We walked all over our woods, but Mom
didn't find much color to photograph.
No matter. I'm a better subject anyway.

We're heading home now.

A few times the sun came out.

This stuff's green all the time.
Mom calls it "evergreens."

I kept a lookout for anything interesting.
No birds or squirrels to report however.
I wonder why.

We looked everywhere but there were no budding trees.

Finally we came out of the woods.

And headed home along the tree
line between the two fields.

To see Mom's Colors of March, click here.
To see everybody elses', click here.

That's it.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At Saturday, March 20, 2010 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

It looks like a great walk! I am glad to hear that you get to eat lots of good cat foods even if you have to take a pill!

 
At Saturday, March 20, 2010 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

So who enjoyed the walk more, you or your mom? Glad to see you're still having fun.

 
At Saturday, March 20, 2010 4:45:00 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

Annie cat wants to come and visit!

She loves walks. She does not understand why we don't all spend the whole day in the garden now it's spring, she runs in and out to the house telling everyone all about it and saying "come outside!".

 
At Saturday, March 20, 2010 6:18:00 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I absolutely love Rascal's walk. Does he even know he's a cat???

 
At Saturday, March 20, 2010 7:17:00 PM, Blogger Life Looms Large said...

Love it!!! Great photos of Rascal!! I especially love the photos that show how he's moving. Very cool.

I'm jealous of that cat cursor that comes up on this blog. I might need a shuttle cursor on my weaving blog! (Well, if it is a weaving blog!)

Thanks for joining us!!

Sue

 
At Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:58:00 PM, Blogger MiniKat said...

What a lovely day for a walk! It looks like you both had loads of fun. :-)

 
At Saturday, March 20, 2010 11:35:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Rascal ma man -

When in doubt bathe

and anything goes well with basic black

stay well dear friend, all of us at Feline Fibers. . .

 
At Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:32:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Rascal I really enjoyed seeing your walk and pictures of you. As I can't have a cat but like them I enjoy watching what you get up to.

 
At Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:25:00 PM, Blogger meowmeowmans said...

Hi Rascal! Nasty pill aside, we're glad to hear you've been feeling better. We're also glad you and your mom had a chance to have a walk together in the nice weather!

 
At Monday, March 22, 2010 5:08:00 PM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

Hi Rascal!
What a wonderful walk in the woods! You are right, you are a better subject than colors. Keep enjoying life! May that nasty tasting pill keep you feeling good for a long time.

 
At Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:55:00 PM, Blogger caspersmom said...

Rascal I really enjoyed walking with you through the woods. Felt like I was there with you with all the great pictures. Hope those pills work for you, purrs and prayers for you. Patches doesn't eat to good but she sure woofs down temptations and the party mix, and Cleo and I get to get in on the good stuff too. Mom says it costs to much but she'd rather have Patches eating.

Casper

 
At Thursday, March 25, 2010 2:40:00 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Rascal,

You have a wonderful place to walk around. And, I am glad to hear that you are doing better...hope you continue to improve...

Thanks for sharing your walk with me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home