Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Remssion Is Over

Mom and Dad couldn't understand why I have been so finicky with my food lately. I can't explain that to them, other than they just aren't offering what I want. They thought I'd lost too much weight and so rushed me to Dr. C, our V-E-T.

First they weighed me and then they tortured me with all sorts of pokes and prods. I put my foot down when he looked in my ears and hissed real good at Dr. C. Unfortunately he wasn't the least bit offended, and kept saying "I know, I know". He told Mom he could feel another tumor deep in my belly and is about 99.9% sure the feline lymphoma is back. Fortunately there was no needle poke, but he explained all the options to Mom, to take home to tell Dad. He did give her a prescription of prednisolone and told her to call after they'd discussed it.

I weigh 10.5 pounds now and Mom says I'm very bony. At the very least the prednisolone (Cat prednisone) will make Me feel better, hopefully boost my appetite, and maybe shrink the tumor some. Dr. C says this could give Me a couple more months. The other route is shots, and pills, and lots of trips in the PTU, and stealing my bloods. That could give Me a year.

Mom and Dad are heartsick, but they don't understand that things are different to a Cat. Most of the time I feel great, I love to go outdoors, and I caught another chipmunk the other day. If I don't feel like it, I just take a nap.

The best part is that Mom gave me a whole piece of raw fish last night. I ate every bite so she says the prednisolone is working already. Plus, I now get to eat all the Party Mix Wild West Crunch treats I want! No more rationing!

Anyway, a trip to the V-E-T is always exhausting. If you don't mind, I'm going to catch a Catnap, right here on Mom's project so I can keep an eye on things.

Labels:

17 Comments:

At Saturday, March 13, 2010 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, we are sorry to learn this. We're so glad you've had more time with your mom & dad while you were in remission, though. Purrs and tails wags and {{{hugs}}}

 
At Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:28:00 PM, Blogger MiniKat said...

Oh Rascal we're so sorry to hear this. I'm just glad that your Mom and Dad bought you an outside that you've been able to enjoy. I hope that you have more good days than bad ones in the next several months.

Hugs and purrs!

 
At Saturday, March 13, 2010 1:01:00 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

We are sorry to learn that your lymphoma is back. However I am glad you are getting treats. Georgia was like that--she just made sure she had things HER way as long as she could and that was all good!

 
At Saturday, March 13, 2010 2:06:00 PM, Blogger meowmeowmans said...

Oh, Rascal, we are sorry to hear that your remission is over. But we are glad your mom and dad love you so much, and the three of you are getting to spend lots of time together (and that you're getting extra treats!).

Purrs and prayers to you all.

 
At Saturday, March 13, 2010 3:58:00 PM, Blogger Max said...

Aw, doood, I am really sorry. I know things are different for us cats, but still... I hope you get all the treats and stuff that you want, you gotta at least get that...!

 
At Saturday, March 13, 2010 4:26:00 PM, Blogger A few Good Cats said...

We're sorry to hear that bad news about your illness, but we also know that you are well-loved and will have humans to care for you. Plus there are other cats and humans out there who care...

 
At Saturday, March 13, 2010 7:51:00 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Oh, Rascal, this is sad indeed. But you know that your mom and dad will take the very best care of you (I mean, just look at the fish!) and that every cat in the blogosphere is purring for you. Live life to the fullest and grab all the treats you can!

 
At Saturday, March 13, 2010 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Niko and Cloud said...

We are so sorry to hear this. We are sending lots of purrs.

 
At Sunday, March 14, 2010 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Dorothy said...

Hey Rascal, you're right! Important things are warm places to sit and sleep, things to investigate, chipmunks to chase if you want to, good food, and people that love you. Tell Mom & Dad no-one lives for ever and that now what you need is LOTS of special love, favourite food and best warm sleeping places to make sure all your days are happy ones. Sending purrs to a very special Rascal xxx

 
At Sunday, March 14, 2010 3:15:00 PM, Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Rascal
We too are sorry to learn about this turn of events, but we are glad you still feel like crashing squirrels and being outside to roam and frolic. Our deepest purrs for your Mom and Dad....

purrsss
Abby

 
At Sunday, March 14, 2010 7:56:00 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Aw, Rascal, we're sorry to hear this. But we're glad you're still feeling okay and that you can have all the treats you want. We're purring for you and your mom and dad...

 
At Monday, March 15, 2010 2:54:00 PM, Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Sending purrs to you and your family. We hope the prednisone makes you feel better.

 
At Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Oh, Uncle Rascal,
We are all so sorry to hear you are sick again. You are our hero and we love you so very much! Our Mom said to tell you she will email your Mom.
We are all purraying the pills make you feel good and will shrink the owie in your tummy.

L'il Rascal, Mooch, and the others in Airy Zona

 
At Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:43:00 AM, Blogger Tina T-P said...

Oh, Rascal, say it isn't so - We will ask our angels to come and help your mom not to worry so. We also hope the pills that the V.E.T. gave you help you feel a little better. XOX Tina & Sinda

 
At Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:09:00 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Rascal, we are so sorry that your remission is over. We don't get to visit as often as we would like to and only just saw the sad news. We are sending you lots of purrs, and (((hugs))) to your Beans.

 
At Monday, March 22, 2010 5:04:00 PM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

We haven't been by in such a long time and we were very saddened that the remission is over. We hope and purr that you will have many more happy days ahead before you have to go to the bridge.

 
At Saturday, April 10, 2010 9:45:00 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Oh Rascal, that is sad news. Lots of hugs and purrs from us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home