Monday, February 11, 2008

Pilling A Cat

Juliescooter asked how Mom got Me to take my pills. We would have taken photos, but Mom has to give Me my pills all by herself. Since she only has two hands, and has to use them both to do this, she found Your Pet's Best Friend Blog which shows the same method Dr. C showed her. If you click here, it will take you to "How to Give a Cat a Pill." It tells how to do it with pictures and tips for uncooperative Cats. Mom uses the pill-pusher, pictured last. You can click on any of those photos to biggify.

Storm visited my blog when I first got diagnosed with lymphoma and gave us some good places to go on the internet for information. Storm is currently in remission from lymphoma and is a very good encourager. The two helpful links she gave us were -

The Feline Lymphoma Caregivers Guide

The Yahoo Feline Lymphoma Discussion Group

Petey is another blogging Cat who is in remission from lymphoma. Miss Peach too. Others in the blogosphere have struggled with chemotherapy too, and have gone on to the Rainbow bridge, like Buzzerbee. There may be more, but I don't know who they are at the moment. We just don't get to make the rounds like we used to.

Wednesday I have to go back to the V-E-T for bloodwork. I don't know how they make blood work, but however they do it I suspect I won't like it. Mom says Dr. C will be happy that I'm feeling so well. In fact I woke Mom up at 6:20 this morning to announce that the food in my bowl was getting low, chased Catzee all over the place, took my pill, and got extra treats. No pictures though. For now, it's time to say good night and get ready for my midnight Cat nap.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Jan Price said...

Keep feeling well. We're checking on you.

jans funny farm

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:10:00 AM, Blogger Tina T-P said...

Hi Rascal - We're checking on you too. Glad you are doing well. Thanks for the advice on how to get a cat to take a pill - generally we have to get out the duct tape and the welding gloves (he,he,he) Tina, Neelix & Sinda

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:53:00 AM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

I am glad that you are feeling well and having fun. I am happy that your Mom has found a way to give you your pills to keep you feeling good. I also suspect that you won't much like the blood work bit, but it won't last long.

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:03:00 AM, Blogger Poppy Q said...

Thanks for the updates Rascal. I hopes you has big juicy veins for the vet.

I will send you some of my furs to cover up your baldy patch. About 1/2 a kilo comes off every week in my zoom groom.

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:05:00 AM, Blogger Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I dunno. My bean has to go from time to time to get her blood to work and she never likes it. She also doesn't use a pill pusher, prefering the old, tried and true finger down the throat method.

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

I'm glad you are feeling well, Rascal! My Mommie has to give Pixie her heart medicines every day and Pixie is very used to it by now.

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep feeling good, Rascal. And don't spit out that pill.

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Renee Nefe said...

Glad to hear that your mom has a good plan to get you to take your meds.
The kitties I used to have were very good about taking their pills. I remember once giving my kitty his pill on the couch and he didn't fuss at all. We never had a pill pusher.

What they need is how to get your rabbit to take it's meds without spitting it out. I got Trina to take her meds on the first day and that was it!!! Luckily it seemed that she was much better after the V-E-T gave her the shot kind.

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:05:00 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Rascal, I am glad you are doing so well!

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:53:00 PM, Blogger The Furry Fighter said...

hiya Rascal! i HATE taking pills (steroid night tonight) an Meowmie has to wrap me up in a towle and literally prise my jaw open and then flick it down the back of my throat! she tried the pill popper but i just won;t have THAT anywhere near my mouth.

glad you are doing so well - good luck with the blood work, they take furs off your leg!!!! xxx

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:15:00 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

That's great you're feeling good. Good luck tomorrow at the vet's.

 
At Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:01:00 AM, Blogger MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dearest Rascal! You are often in my very best thoughts for a complete recovery. This is a hard thing to go through...we have to stick together through this! We need each other for purrrayers and support. there is nothing like friends...glad we are holding our own right now.
Love Miss Peach

 
At Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:54:00 PM, Blogger Tybalt said...

Good luck with the V-E-T tomorrow, and keep feeling frisky!

 
At Wednesday, February 13, 2008 4:19:00 PM, Blogger Chancy, Jake, Babe and Ernies Voice said...

Hi...we are still in prayer mode for you. We will be back to check on you.

HUGS~ Chancy, Ernie's Voice & Jake

 
At Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:52:00 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

Hi Rascal I hope you are well behaved with the vet, my Oscar is seriously embarrassing to me as he hisses and spits and I don't think the vet believes he's really a very nice cat and deserves the very best treatment! Of course it does help to have treats when you get back home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home