Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Sleeping Rules at My House

Whenever Mom or Dad say “time to go to bed!” it signals a race to the bed. I always win. The humans are very slow.

These are the Sleeping Rules at My house.

1. Dad gets half of the bed.
2. Mom gets a top ¼ of the bed.
3. I get a bottom ¼ of the bed.
4. Mom must keep her feet in her part of the bed or else I bite them.
5. I am allowed to awaken everyone whenever I am:
a. hungry
b. thirsty
c. bored
d. lonely
e. scared

I have my own kitty bed. Mom made it. She crocheted it from sheep’s fur using a pattern in an old Spin-Off Magazine. She was very proud of it when it was finished. She wanted to take a picture of me in it, so she invited me to try it.

I declined.

She put me into it.

I got out.

She insisted that I get back in.

I insisted that I get back out.

She patted it.

I ignored it.

She pointed to it.

I ignored her.

She promised me kitty treats.

I don‘t take bribes.

“Rascal, don’t you like your new kitty bed?”

No.

“Rascal, don’t you want to at least try your new kitty bed?”

No way. I don‘t do anything that isn‘t my idea.

She put me in it again.

By now I had been handled so much that I needed to take a bath, which I proceeded to do.
Me, humoring Mom.













All the while she kept taking pictures and telling me what a good kitty I was. Which of course I am, because being a good kitty means letting the humans think they’re getting their way.

After she left I curled up in it to take a nap, because it really isn’t such a bad kitty bed after all. Just don’t tell Mom I said so.

Liking it when Mom's not looking.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rascal, I think your new bed looks pretty comfy too! Sheep fur is the best! I sleep with my beans at night just like you, but me & Spot really like our beds for hanging out in the living room.

Does your mom spin the bunny fur? Would that be wierd if the bunny had a bunny fur bed to sleep in?

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I see the bunnies don't live with you any more, so I guess that was a dumb question...

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:27:00 PM, Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

Hi Rascal! That looks like a nice bed! Our mom can't make anything so we only have to pretend that we don't like the stuff she buys us.

If you want to join the House Panthers (we'd be furry excited if you joined!) I think the info on how to join is in the archives for March, in the post at the bottom.

~Smeagol

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:48:00 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

Hi Rascal! I definitely agree with you concerning the humans and their flashy cameras. They'll do anything to get you to pose for them. It's ridiculous!

However, that is a very nice feline bed you have now...it looks so comfy!

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't let your mom see this post BUT your bed is really really neat! We our jealous. Our mom can't hold chopsticks much less knitting needles. BTW: Just wait until your black furs really make it your own. -- Alberta, Sky, Blackie and Charlie

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:10:00 AM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

I won't tell your Mom. Your bed is really neat, tho. Maybe if your Mom put it on your 1/4 of the big bed you'd like it better.

~~ Boni

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 10:01:00 AM, Blogger The Crew said...

Cool bed, Rascal, and nice of your Mom to make it for you. But I agree, we need space to stretch out and the big bed is much better for that!

George
The Crew

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:18:00 PM, Blogger Emma's Kat said...

Wow! Cool bed! Thanks for visiting Emma's Blog! She's a little shy, so me, her momma does the posting for her! So, Rascal, tell your momma that I would love to post you on Kat's Cat of the Day! You can visit there to see what it's like @ www.katscatoftheday.blogspot.com And your momma can email me at kats2boyz@yahoo.com if you want to be posted there. You are such a handsome kitty and I love your blog. Will definately be back!

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:39:00 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Hi Rascal! Nice to meet you! Thtanks for visiting our blog! We have read all you past posts and you live an interesting life. We live with 7 guinea pigs, not quite like rabbits, but I think they all poop as much!

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Our bed rules are as follows:

Dad......1/8 of the bed
Mom......1/8 of the bed
Patches..3/8 of the bed
Me.......3/8 of the bed

Fair? Yes, I think so.......

Mittens Pollypaws

 
At Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:07:00 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Hi Rascal, that's a nice bed your Mommy made fur you. You fit in it real good. I wanted somefin like that too acoz the ones in the store were too much Mom says. She finally found one that wasn't too bad and now the big hog, Angie, took it ofur. Only sometimes I get to sleep in it.
Beau Beau

 

Post a Comment

<< Home